Cement Australia Clay is a finely milled, air separated clay used as a plasticiser in mortar and render applications where sands are low in clay content.
- Clay can be used as a general purpose filler.
- Use as little Clay as possible to produce the required workability of the mortar or render.
- Cement Australia does not specify any mix designs incorporating Clay as the mix is dependent on the sands used and the sands can vary.
- It is advisable to trial Clay in the product formulation to ensure that the product performance is appropriate.
- Mortars complying to AS 3700 should be tested as described in the Standard if Clay is added to these mixes. This helps to ensure that the mix design conforms to the Standard with respect to performance and durability requirements.
- A test panel should be prepared before Clay is added to a mix especially where colour variation is a concern.